THIS IS AN ABSTRACT FROM A LECTURE ” Why should invest in art ? ” about International Art Market, made in cooperation with CAIA Association (Chinese Art Investment Alliance) on June 2018 in Shanghai. Artdesignbox and CAIA are together to promote Art and Culture, both Italian and Chinese, to create a bridge and develop relations between the two Countries. (ASK FOR INFORMATIONS AND CLASS)
The global art market. Overview ( Information referred to year 2018 )
Why should invest in art
What are you looking at? How to start to buy contemporary art.
A short selection of italian affordable contemporary artists
- 现代艺术，一直是市场上最重要的部分，占总营业额的46%，当代艺术的全球价格指数上涨了27%。 莫迪利亚尼和毕加索的业绩都超过了近1亿美元。赵无极是2018年上半年中国表现最好的公司，营业额为1.55亿美元。
- Global auction turnover on Fine Art* rose 18%, totalling $8.45 billion
2. Transactions remained stable with 262,000 lots sold, up 2.5% vs. H1 2017
3. The USA had a massive 48% increase, with total turnover of $3.3 billion
4. China, with $2 billion in turnover, reduced its unsold rate before a decisive H2
5. The EU is contributing to growth: France +8%, Germany +17%, Italy +22%
6. Modern Art, has been the most important section of the mkt with 46% of total turnover and Contemporary Art’s global price index rose 27%. Modigliani and Picasso both generated results above the almost $100 million. Zao Wou-Ki was China’s best-performer in H1 2018 with turnover of $155 million
A new form of stability in the Art Market
- Considering the financial crisis in 2008 – and its repercussions on art prices the following year – the Art Market appears to have considerably matured and is now enjoying a new form of stability and independence from the economic situation.
- This stability is based on a very large volume of transactions: over 250,000 lots each semester, effectively constituting a solid basis for the International Art Market.
- Compare the 229 works sold in H1 2018 (above the $5 million) with H1 2017 ( the number was only 163 )
- The ultra-high-end market, i.e. a handful of extremely rare works (> $100 million) now has a great impact on global annual turnover totals.
- The $450 million paid by the Emirate of Abu-Dhabi for Leonardo da Vinci’s Salvator Mundi masterpiece last November, alone accounted for 3% of 2017’s total global Fine Art turnover
® All right reserved. You may copy the article only giving credit to the original author by citing sources.
Sergio Battimiello is an Italian Art Director and Art Curator. Founder of ArtDesignBox Art and Craft, Shanghai Ltd. Previously Managing Director of a Top Italian Events Agency. He contributed to start up the Event and Meeting Venue “ARTDESIGNBOX” in Milano Expo 2015 with the endorsement of Milano Brera Fine Art Academy, one of the most important Art and Design Academy in Italy.
Ellen Cui is the President of C.A.I.A (Chinese Art Investment Alliance) and Art Curator.China Art Investment Alliance is a national association part of the China Information Industry Association Investment and Financing Information Branch which is supported by the National Development and Reform Commission of the People’s Republic of China (NDRC). CAIA’s purpose is to promote the rich and diverse Chinese culture and to promote international cooperation, partnerships and exchanges.